21 January 2006

random pasta

I was in a bit of a rush tonight, having arrived home late and needing to put together something quick for dinner. Pasta is usually quick, but I get tired of just popping open a jar of sauce for it. So, I tried improvising with some odds and ends of foods we had in the refrigerator. I didn't measure anything, so I'm just going to provide a list of what I threw into the sauce pan:

a few tablespoons of leftover marinara
some julienned pieces of pepperoni
sliced green pepper
a few bits of chopped artichoke heart
sliced black olives
a crushed clove of garlic
part of a can of diced tomatoes
some powdered parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

I heated these all together for a bit, poured it over the prepared pasta, sprikled with pine nuts and a bit of leftover grated mozzarella.

It turned out to be pretty yummy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home